What's new

New to iphone...looking for just some minor help with my contacts / voicemail

eyeWired

Reaction score
Finally broke down and got a smart phone. Picked the iPhone just because I really like my iPad2 and my iTouch.

I'm pretty familiar with the way IOS works for the most part, but since I've never had the "phone" functionality, I'm trying to see if I can do the following:

- Contact List
Is there a way to avoid some of these unnecessary clicks? Here's my usual contact workflow.
1.) Click phone.
2.) Click contacts.
3.) Find my contact.
4.) Click that contact.
5.) Click the phone number again once I'm on the info page.

Is there a way I can have my phone just immediately dial a contact once I click on their name? Rather than having to go into the Info screen and click their phone number? I'm just trying to eliminate all these clicks because it's sort of a pain in the neck while on the road!

- Voicemail
This is probably more of a Verizon thing...
When I get a new voicemail, I'm sort of forced to sit through the automated voice telling me:
"You have once new voice mail. Sent.... Thursday..... February..... Ninth.... at....3.....0.....1....PM. ......from. Area Code....5...5...5....................5...5...5............5...5....5....5."

My last phone just immediately started playing the voicemail without listing the number and day. The phone already tells me who called and at what time. I don't need the voicemail to repeat it painfully slowly.

Thanks!

Put your frequently called contacts in your favorites list for contacts. Use the plus symbol when in their info page with their phone number in it. You will essentially create a favorites list an the. All you do is hit their name and it will call them.

Voicemail - it should just play when you hit play on your voicemail screen.

Verizon will have to fix your voicemail problem.

There is an App called Faces that creates icons for your most frequently called numbers. You can simplify calling that way.

Also, if your diction is good and the contact name isn't complicated, you can hold down the home button for Voice Control and just say the name and it will call for you.

Don't need an app, as suggested by primetime just create the favorite list and with one clic you can dial that number.

My phone (iPhone 4 - Verizon) Automatically downloads voicemail. It just shows up in voicemail I click it and it plays msg. No dtae/time/number etc... Thought that was just standard on iPhone