What's new

New to iPhone, but not smartphones

iMike

Reaction score
Hello,

I just got an iPhone 4 on Friday night. I've had BlackBerry and Android devices, and they can't hold a candle to the iPhone. Yes, I know I'm behind the times with an iPhone 4, but I didn't feel brave enough to get the 5 until the problems have been sorted. And, honestly, I got the 4 as opposed to the 4s because of a good deal.

Anyway, I'm absolutely excited about the iPhone and I'm glad I switched.

Hello,

I just got an iPhone 4 on Friday night. I've had BlackBerry and Android devices, and they can't hold a candle to the iPhone. Yes, I know I'm behind the times with an iPhone 4, but I didn't feel brave enough to get the 5 until the problems have been sorted. And, honestly, I got the 4 as opposed to the 4s because of a good deal.

Anyway, I'm absolutely excited about the iPhone and I'm glad I switched.

Hi iMike, welcome to the Forum.

I have an iPhone 5 and came from Blackberry and then the origianl Droid to the Bionic. What issues are you referring to with the iPhone 5? I can't think of a single reason that someone would prefer a 4 over a 5.

There were OS issues mentioned in the news. For my purposes, the 4 works fine. All I really lose, as far as I can tell, is I can't FaceTime without wifi. Anyway, I'm kind of locked in to the iPhone 4 for two years anyway, so I better like it. LOL

There were OS issues mentioned in the news. For my purposes, the 4 works fine. All I really lose, as far as I can tell, is I can't FaceTime without wifi. Anyway, I'm kind of locked in to the iPhone 4 for two years anyway, so I better like it. LOL

I can't think of an iPhone that didn't go out that the news reported an issue with. Because it's the iPhone it will get attention. Have the same issue on an Android phone and you don't hear anything. Of course if you look at an Android Forum you will always see complaints.

But anyway enjoy your iPhone. Not quite as customizable but more then you think once you learn.

Welcome, Mike... If I were you I would have gotten the 5, but the iPhone 4 is a very fine device too.