What's new

New to iPhone and looking for help.

leedavenport

Reaction score
Hi, I've had my new iPhone 4 for a couple of days after moving from Blackberry and have a few capabilty questions.
1, How can I transfer jpeg and bmp files from old phone to new iPhone? I moved them from BB to a file on my laptop but can't move to iPhone.
2, Can I use mp3 or other music or wav files on the iPhone as the ringer? If so how?
More to come as I think of them.

On the ringtone question you can download a ringtone maker from the app store then make your own. The ringtones you make must be loaded on the phone through iTunes.

Also you should be able to import your photos to the phone but I'm not sure what program you would use. It's early in the day I'm sure the right answer will appear very soon.

G'day and welcome to the forum!! :)

1. When you plug in your iPhone4 and iTunes comes up and the sync is happening,there's a folder (usually 'pictures' in your C. drive) which will be used as the non "camera roll" folder for images.

To check this,click on your iPhone in the left side index below library,then look @ the section on the far right in your iPhone options called pictures and click on that to see which it is (default is pictures) and from there you can change this if you wish. Add desired files to that folder and then sync iPhone4 and pictures will be on your iPhone.

2. I am not so sure on this one so will leave it to another.