What's new

New to iPhone with questions

leedavenport

Reaction score
Hi, I've had my new iPhone 4 for a couple of days after moving from Blackberry and have a few capabilty questions.
1, How can I transfer jpeg and bmp files from old phone to new iPhone? I moved them from BB to a file on my laptop but can't move to iPhone.
2, Can I use mp3 or other music or wav files on the iPhone as the ringer? If so how?
More to come as I think of them.
My previous post was apparently deleted. It had 2 replies however I couldn't see them.
Please re-reply.​

Hi,IIRC I had replied to your question.

For photos there's a folder assigned as default for photos/images to be used for the other folder on your iPhone4 (separate to the camera roll)

When iPhone4 connected and iTunes is running,click on the iPhone in the left hand side index (below library),then look @ the options summary across the centre top of that area and you should see 'photos' as the option furthest right on screen - click that and then this will show you the folder that is currently assigned and also allows you to change the settings for the folder.

Then,once you are happy with the folder on your PC/Mac that is in use,place images in that folder and sync your iPhone4 and those images should appear in your iPhone4.

On the songs,there's a way to do it I've heard of but not tried so will allow someone else to give proper advice on that.

Hope this helps! :)

Hello and welcome to the forum, please take the time and read the forum rules and if you have done this already, thanks for joining.