What's new

New router - iPhone photos no longer appear on PC

Bill Stanton

Reaction score
Just installed a new router. iPhone connects to 5G WiFi as always. New pics seem to be uploading okay to iCloud Photos as viewed by iPad Air II but not via Windows Explorer. Settings look okay but still no pics appearing on PC. What might be the cause?
Thanks,
Bill
In the attached screenshot, even though I've checked the box and included the library option, I see the subsequently see the "black square" even though I previously "applied".

Attachments

• iCloud.jpg
    iCloud.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 780
Last edited:
OK, the black square just means that there are multiple options you can select under that main heading, some of which haven't been checked, so that's a bit of a red herring. Have you tried switching off iCloud Photo Sharing on the PC, rebooting and then switching iCloud back on again? I know it sounds like a bit of a fob-off..."oh reboot and everything will be OK"....but it really is a good first thing to try!! Also, are you running the latest version of iCloud for Windows? I appear to have more options under Photos on my PC, so it might be worth updating.

Tried your suggestions but nothing changed. I'm not sure the running the "Repair" function where iCloud essentially re-installs gets any updates. Also, I can't figure out what possible effect changing my router would have on iCloud. I remain in mystery!

Apple Software Update:

Apple1.jpg

With Tools -> Download Only

Attachments

• Apple2.jpg
    Apple2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 709
Last edited: