What's new

New Performance Benchmarks Show the Total Dominance of the iPhone 7

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Benchmarks show iPhone 7 most powerful smartphone around.JPG

BGR writes that new performance benchmark results from GeekBench and AnTuTu that have been compiled by GSMArena reveal just how far ahead of the competition the iPhone 7 is, and, in some tests, how far ahead iPhones in general are.

In the GeekBench 4 single-core test results, with a score of 3488, the iPhone 7 is way out in front of its nearest rival, the iPhone SE, with 2514. The iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 6s follow close behind in third and fourth place respectively, with the Samsung Galaxy S7 in fifth place, just ahead of the Huawei Honor 8.

For the multi-core GeekBench results, at a score of 5654 the iPhone 7 is still ahead of its closest rival, the Huawei Honor 8, with 5447.

And for the AnTuTu 6 tests, the iPhone 7 comes out on top ahead of the OnePlus 3, with 179386 and 141764 respectively, with the iPhone 6s Plus coming in third with 137420.

As BGR notes, with results like these, it looks like Apple’s iPhone 7 is set to reign supreme as the most powerful smartphone on the market until at least September 2017, when the next iPhone is announced. And the iPhone 6s is still more powerful than much of the competition, even one year later.

Source: These tests show just how much more powerful the iPhone 7 is than Android flagships

Looks like I'm going to enjoy my 7 when I finally get it. My 5s doesn't even make the list.

Incidentally, @Maura, thank you for finding all of the interesting articles for us. Believe me, your efforts don't go unnoticed.

Thanks very much @KevinJS! Glad you are enjoying them!

What about my Motorola razor

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.