What's new

New OS and Blue Tooth Devices

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
Since I have upgraded to the latest OS for my 5s, I noticed a strange little symbol at the top margin of my phone. Turns out it is for "Blue Tooth devices" and it turns itself on. I keep turning it off, and the next day, it it turned on again. I do not use any such device (do not even know what they are), and I would like to stop the phone from turning this on as it one more thing to drain the battery. How can I turn it off and keep it off?

Thanks! : )

Just went there and found it enabled. Turned it off. It says AirDrop, AirPlay, and location services require Blue Tooth. I do not think I use any of those things, though.

Since I have upgraded to the latest OS for my 5s, I noticed a strange little symbol at the top margin of my phone. Turns out it is for "Blue Tooth devices" and it turns itself on. I keep turning it off, and the next day, it it turned on again. I do not use any such device (do not even know what they are), and I would like to stop the phone from turning this on as it one more thing to drain the battery. How can I turn it off and keep it off?

Thanks! : )
JA gave you the best advise. Starting with IOS 11 the toggles displayed in the Control Center only turn off the functioning for the day. The only means to permanently turn off BT and Wi-if are in Settiings. More proof that the people who write the programs don’t use the iPhone the way I do