What's new

New iPhone user getting 4s today, question on best thing case

Ashenor

Reaction score
Hi,

Finally out of the Android world. Getting a 32g White 4s for sprint today. Prior i have had a HTC Hero, Evo, Evo 3D. I have never used a case on those or screen protector and have had no scratchs.

How is the screen for scratchs? I had the feel of flim on the glass.

Whats a good thing wrap around case just for the edges? I don't want anything like a Otterbox, just something minimal.

Buying it new in box from someone on craigslist today, so doubt i will have a reciept so not sure if i can do Best Buys warranty or the apple care but want to put something on it.

Thanks

G'day & welcome to the forum and the apple clan. If not getting a receipt of sale from a retailer then I'd advise getting the applecare plan from apple.

As for protecting the screen,myself my screen has nothing on it and have not had an issue but not everyone handles their tech the same as others.

Would recommend getting a transparent film to go over the glass if you're concerned.

Thanks, for the reply.

Other gorilla glass phones i have had, i have never had a issue.

Mainly looking for a thin case to protect the corners on the phone, but the thinner the better.

I'm a fan of the vapor case from element myself. I have the black ops. It and the other styles are what you are looking for as far as wrap around the edges. I adhere to the advice for screen protectors as well. Personally I like ifrogz but I guess everyone has their opinion. One last note, the element cases are a bit pricey so if your looking for 20 bucks or less, ignore anything I posted.

Special K, cause I'm

Congratulations on your new toy. I have a matt screenprotector on my iPhone 4, it is excellent as you do not end up with that kind of glossy screen that shows massive finger prints or any marks on it.
As for a case, it is a personal matter; it would be better to walk in a shop that has many different types and choose from there. On mine I have a Mophie battery case, my two sons on their 4S, one has a Barcelona case and the other just a black case. So I guess it is a matter of taste.

Check out the SGP store i just got there Neo Hybrid mat series very thin feels like part of the phone for $27 you also get a screen protector i have tried maybe 5 different cases and this is my favorite case check it out.

I use a switch easy case but the hot case of the month is the lifeproof

Picked up my phone. Got a 32g from Craigslist new in the box for $600. Not to bad of a deal since I have a Evo 3d and 4th gen iPod to sell. I got a white reveal case at best buy I like it with its clear back. Also tossed on best buys warranty for 15 bucks a month.