What's new

New iPhone 5s

jmdlcar

Reaction score
I just receive a new in the box iPhone 5s and it has iOS version 8.3. I downloaded iPhone_4.0_64bit_10.3.1_14E304_Restore.ipsw and can I install it manually? It want me to install the latest version but I don't because I have a iPhone 4s and after install the latest it seen not to hold a charge anymore.

Can anyone help me?

Apple does not sign that iOS version any more for the iPhone 5s. If you try installing it, you‘ll get an error, and won‘t be able to proceed.

If I install the latest will I have any problem it new and I don't anything to happen to it. Will iOS 11 work?

iOS 11 will not work, if it‘s not installed on the 5s. The latest and only software version for the iPhone 5s that can be downloaded and installed is iOS 12.2.

Afaik, iOS 12.2 works better/faster on the 5s than iOS 11 did. It‘ll need quite a bit of storage space on the iPhone, when you update from 8.3, so the installation could take longer than usually.

When iOS 13 gets release will it work on the 5s do you think?

There are rumours that the iPhone 5s will not be among the devices that are allowed to update to iOS 13.

In June, Apple will supposedly announce iOS 13, and that’s also when we’ll hear which devices are supported.

That why I don't want iOS 12 because that what happen with 4s iOS 9.3.5. If I knew iOS 12.3 was going to be the last before iOS 13 then I would upgrade to iOS 12.2 and stop.

Well I will do a upgrade today but will take more then a hour to do it? Or should I plug in the charger? Can it be upgraded threw WiFi only because I have no Sim card yet?

Last edited:
You’re going to need a SIM card as an iPhone cannot be activated without one in the holder. If the iPhone has already been activated it can be updated over WiFi even if there’s no SIM card in the holder.

BTW, all iOS updates are done over WiFi only.

Last edited:
Well I try to update the iOS threw the phone but it won't let me. What can I do?