What's new

New iPhone 5 Battery Photos Emerge

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8150-iphone-5-battery-comparison.JPG

MacRumors reports on new photos from iResQ today showing the iPhone 5’s battery in place in the phone’s case, as well as situated next to an iPhone 4S for comparison purposes. MacRumors says that the new battery runs at 3.8 volts, boosting capacity from the iPhone 4S’s 3.7-volt 5.30 watt-hour battery to 5.45 watt-hours. With the two batteries placed alongside each other, it becomes obvious that the new battery is a little taller than that belong to the iPhone 4S, as you might expect with the iPhone 5 being taller than the current iPhone. However, the newer battery does not seem to be much thinner than the older one, despite the fact that the iPhone 5 is thinner than the iPhone 4S. MacRumors also notes that the photos show that the iPhone 5’s 9-pin dock connector is now on the other side of the battery, denoting its new position on the iPhone casing.

Source: Photos of iPhone 5 Battery in Rear Shell, Compared to iPhone 4S Battery - Mac Rumors

I just can't get over the length difference from the 4s I guess it will be one of those things you'll have to see in hand before you will know how you'll feel about it ...

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

does that mean the iphone5 will be bigger?