What's new

Supposed iPhone 5 Battery Photos Emerge

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
7836-iphone-5-battery-pack-bigger.JPG

9to5 Mac has today posted pictures of what it is claimed by a reliable source are battery packs from the next iPhone, 9to5 Mac says that the new battery packs have a higher capacity than the battery packs in previous iPhones, with the new batteries in the pictures having a capacity of 1440 mAh, up from 1430 mAh on the iPhone 4S and 1420 mAh on the iPhone 4. The batteries were examined for 9to5 Mac by iFixYouri, who also found out that the new batteries have an increased voltage of 3.8, up from 3.7 for the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4. The label on the battery also reveals that it was made in June of this year, which is right around the time that lots of news reports were saying that production of the next iPhone was underway. 9to5 Mac says that one reason why the battery size in the next iPhone could be important is because it was thought that in order for the next iPhone to have LTE connectivity, it would need a much bigger battery. So the fact that the battery is only slightly bigger than in previous versions could mean that the next iPhone will not, in fact, have LTE connectivity, or it could simply mean that the processor inside the new phone can handle the job without needing a much bigger battery.

Source: Photos of purported next-gen iPhone’s thinner, higher capacity battery: 3.8V, 1440 mAh | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

WHAT?! The possibility of no LTE?! That would be a bummer. I hope it is LTE compatible, that is one of the main reasons I'd upgrade from the 4.

WHAT?! The possibility of no LTE?! That would be a bummer. I hope it is LTE compatible, that is one of the main reasons I'd upgrade from the 4.

It's only a possibility that it won't have it, I actually think that it's more likely that it will.

Unless there's been a breakthrough low power LTE modem that no one has heard about yet, the iPhone 5 won't have LTE.

I've played with quite a few phones, and is say for LTE, it would need at least a 1700mah battery

Sent from my HTC One S