What's new

New iPhone 4s's (2) stop ringing and only vibrates...!!!

DJKnutsen

Reaction score
So... we've had our new phones less that a week, and at this point I'm not happy!! The ring function stops on it's own and only vibrates, and a soft reset lasts less than 24 hours... It isn't the silence switch! We have a bluetooth enabled in-house cordless phone system, and when it stops ringing, it also stops communicating with our AT&T in-house (TL92371) system, and also our 2012 Subaru Forester hands free system... I've searched the forums, and it seems that it may be a bluetooth 4 system issue as older phones work without any troubles..??? What I've been searching for is an app that would automatically do a daily soft reset at 3am... or something like that. I'm in hopes that iOS6 might help, but I don't know. Searching the net, it seems that there are a lot of us out there that are going through this same issue, and nobody is saying that Apple is accepting any responsibility with this... Darn, I was expecting more from an iPhone... but I'm getting less..!! Dave
Update..8-29-12..After calling AppleCare, they told me to turn off the bluetooth function as it seemed to them to be the cause of our problems... and now (so far..) the ring seems to be working normal... at least I haven't had to do a soft reset since yesterday morning... AppleCare is researching my problem ( and how the AT&T bluetooth system works..) and is supposed to call back with a real answer... we'll see...
Update..8-30-12.They did actually call back the next day, but I was told that our phone system isn't compatible with the 4s... Rats again..!! Searching the web, I can't find any systems listed as supporting the 4s, nor can I find a list of any 4s confirmed hardware... experimenting could get quite expensive... There must be a better answer..??

Last edited: