What's new

New iphone 4 unlocked from new??

ziggyboy

Reaction score
Hi guys ,

Please be patient if this has been asked before but i have trawled the net for the anser and getting nowhere,

My friend lost his iphone yesterday so has sent off to the insurance for a replacement, It is going to be delivered by mon but is going to sell it on ebay brand new never opened as he dont want the hassle of having such a high spec phone and would rather put the money toward his new guitar,

Another friend of mine told me that when they ship the new iphone to him it will be unlocked to any sim carrier and then when you register it with your sim it gets sim locked to whatever sim is first put into phone, iS THIS RIGHT????

Also is it ok for my friend to sell the phone to me?? is it legal and will he get into trouble for doing so as the same friend who told me about the sim lock says that once you sign the contract on the mobile phone provider that the mobile phone is yours to do as you wish and its perfectly allowed,

If you guys can clear this up for me i would be very gratefull

THANKS XX

It's his phone he can do what he likes. He will be responsible for the bill that he signed up for if he has the phone or not. All iPhones in the US are locked to ATT. So you would havetoo jailbreak and unlock to use with anything other carrier. (new iPhones don't yet have a jailbreak)

does it make any difference if its a uk phone and staying in the uk??

yes it was sold with the contract that he took with them for 12mths so i guess it will be locked to the t-mobile network then :( :(

not necessarily, the att still has some i4 with older unlockable versions in stock. Soo it is possible to get a brand new i4 from att with 4.0 or 4.0.1