What's new

New Bootrom

braggs

Reaction score
When jailbreaking a new bootrom which providers can you use At&t,rogers,etc.I know you can't use t-mobile but would like to get a list of providers.thanks!

Jailbreaking & Unlocking are two different processes. When you unlock an iPhone.. regardless of bootrom" you can use any GSM sim card. T-Mobile included.

Ok I have been jailbreaking how do you unlock all carriers point me in the right direction thanks!

Ok I have been  jailbreaking how do you unlock all carriers point me in the right direction thanks!Having troubles with t-mobile after jailbreak old bootrom and 5.13.04

Yes done that, but with baseband of 05.16.05 on newer bootrom you can not install that.Meaning it only unlolocks it for that carrier such as at&t when you jailbreak.Older bootroms with upgraded basebands on 06.15.00,or downgraded basebands on 05.13.04 you can install ultrasnow and it should unlock all carriers.I was having a problem with t-mobile and had to install MobileSubstrate 0.9.3995 to get it working with a older baseband.It was a pain,but I know it should have worked with ultrasnow..So there is a difference between newer and older bootroms what is the difference between unlocking and jailbreaking should be the same.So on the newer bootroms what do you use to unlock,you use ultrasnow for olderbootroms.

Yes done that, but with baseband of 05.16.05 on newer bootrom you can not install that.Meaning it only unlolocks it for that carrier such as at&t when you jailbreak.Older bootroms with upgraded basebands on 06.15.00,or downgraded basebands on 05.13.04 you can install ultrasnow and it should unlock all carriers.I was having a problem with t-mobile and had to install MobileSubstrate 0.9.3995 to get it working with a older baseband.It was a pain,but I know it should have worked with ultrasnow..So there is a difference between newer and older bootroms what is the difference between unlocking and jailbreaking should be the same.So on the newer bootroms what do you use to unlock,you use ultrasnow for olderbootroms.
The bootrom doesn't really have anything to do with it. It's more or less the BB chip. If your phone was made before the 35th week of 2011 you are good to go to flash the baseband. after the 35th week though, apple used a different bb chip and it will not receive the iPad baseband. In a previous post you wrote "Having troubles with t-mobile after jailbreak old bootrom and 5.13.04" are you on 05.16.05 or 05.13.04? What are the 3rd 4th and 5th digits in your serial number? these numbers are the production date of your phone and will indicate if you can use the iPad baseband.

I'm all out of ideas, sorry bud. The unlock should have worked. You don't do anything different because of the new bootrom, it is the same process to unlock as the old bootrom. Perhaps someone else can answer your question. All I can suggest is to uninstall then reinstall ultrasn0w and mobile substrate.