What's new

New BIG problem...

stuberger

Reaction score
Well, isn't this great, I just got my MMS pic sending problem fixed a few weeks ago with a new iPhone sent from Verizon and last week bought my wife one as well...now problems are hitting us...
I live in a small town in southeastern Illinois and our area is in a Alltel coverage area. I have been with Verizon almost 7 years now and all our past phones we owned always showed Extended network on them...ever since getting the iPhone it has showed Verizon 3G on it and I haven't had any problems with it (aside from the pics via text) since Feb and my wifes was fine for a week until this past Friday...the phone started to show the network switching from Verizon to Extended and back and forth...eating our batteries up and then we found we couldn't make or receive calls and if we could very rarely.
We both had to go 18 miles to a town with Verizon towers to do a *228 which worked on my wifes but mine was giving problems until the Verizon tech did some network adjustments...then we were working again until we got back home and the same thing.
We have had some bad storms but it is just overcast today...no rain, lightning or such....I don't know if Alltel did something to their towers Friday eve but now we are not able to use our iPhones....
Damn...I've had mine since the new release of the iPhone and no problems...even showed Verizon 3G all the time on the display even though were sharing and no poop!
Got to wait for the tech's to figure it out...might have to go with a Droid (if they don't show these problems) or a regular phone...arghhhhh

this has been coming up alot. I contacted verizon a month ago. first off you need to have 3G yes 3G! not Wi-fi in order to send OR recieve picture messages. Send picture messages is very touchy... even if you have full bars you may have to try resending a few times for it to work. all iphone 4's on verizon are like this. Not just you.

Well, since yesterday our iPhones are back to order! Can't say how relieved I and the wifey are...Now it's back to playing with our phones.....

Actually, I believe all MMS and SMS come over the voice network. At least, thats what i read.

I received a picture message while on a phone call as well, which we all know that Verizon cant Data and Voice on the iphone (yet)

Actually, I believe all MMS and SMS come over the voice network. At least, thats what i read.

I received a picture message while on a phone call as well, which we all know that Verizon cant Data and Voice on the iphone (yet)

MMS comes over data network. If you don't have data package i think that u will not be able to send and receive MMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bab2010 said:
MMS comes over data network. If you don't have data package i think that u will not be able to send and receive MMS.

You could send and receive without a Data Plan however, charges will incur....

bab2010 said:

You could send and receive without a Data Plan however, charges will incur....

Yeah, sure.

Then again, I thought when you purchase a iPhone from Verizon you must get a data plan!