What's new

New Baby: need to monitor

NoBite

Reaction score
Not sure where to put this topic. Daughter has asked me to research a way for her to set up a camera of some sort with an app for her iPhone6 so she can monitor the new baby not only from other rooms in their house, but when she goes back to work.

Anyone done this and can recommend a setup?

Thanks!

Not sure where to put this topic. Daughter has asked me to research a way for her to set up a camera of some sort with an app for her iPhone6 so she can monitor the new baby not only from other rooms in their house, but when she goes back to work.

Anyone done this and can recommend a setup?

Thanks!
Apple sells the iBaby monitor, it may be what you need. iBaby Monitor - Apple Store Canada

Thank you, scifan57! I will take a look at that.

I first went to the App Store and found many IOS apps. So many, in fact, that I came here to try to sort them out. Then, there's cameras. Well, the more I looked, the more confused I became. Apparently, some systems actually don't allow you to directly stream through your own closed network; i.e. every picture taken and every video stream goes through a third-party router before going to a password-protected IOS app. I don't like that at all. So, trying to sort it all out. I did not realize that Apple actually had a solution. Thank you for the tip!

It appears they have an updated product, similar to the one just referenced, but compatible with the newest mobile devices. This product also gets higher ratings. Thanks, again, for steering me to the Apple site.

Update: I have found two other possible solutions. Looking for anyone that has used either the iBaby Monitor as mentioned above or -

BabyPing

Smart Baby Monitor

These three look very promising. Feedback would sure be great to help make a decision. And/or if anyone knows a better place for me to seek feedback, I would appreciate that suggestion, too.

Thanks!

I was actually wondering the same thing. I just had a new baby too. Well 6 months ago. She's getting to the age to where she is trying to stand up and climb out of her crib. We have one of the cribs that you can lower the bed as they grow, but still worries us. I know Apple has one, haven't looked into it yet.