What's new

network charge when ON cellular data?

lanlantah

Reaction score
I have a problem my IP4. When I ON cellular data, then my credit will deducted instantly, but I do nothing. When I checked in usage section, under cellular network data, there were data was sent and received. What's wrong with my IP4? Is there any settings that I missed to OFF? For your info, I OFF 3G, OFF location service, but its download the data...need help and guide from member here...

Is your mail set up to Check for new mail? That uses data. Check under settings-mail-push data. You may also have apps running that periodically use data. There is nothing wrong with your iPhone. Use your Online phone guide to get more familiar with your iPhone and how it works. It's usually pre-entered under favorites in safari.

Last edited:
You need to be WAY more specific with your problem, and need to speak clearly... From what I understand, you have data turned off but you are still being charged for data use? And how are you turning 3G off? If you turn airplane mode on it will turn everything sort of wireless communication off, which might be what you want? I don't know though.

Giver, if his 3G is off, there should be no mail retrieval whatsoever, unless he is on wifi, so that would not be the problem, or at least should not be. But again, his post is very confusing lol

The situation like this, (sorry for my English)
I already OFF everything that connect to Internet such as push email, 3G OFF, notification also OFF, I also enable restriction for face time, location, account, multiplayer games, and adding friends. In settings > general > network > ON cellular data. I ON this data just to receive mms if anyone send me an mms. But once I ON cellular data, then my credit will deducted. I didnt connect to internet using 3G because 3G already off. When I checked on usage > cellular network data. There are data was sent 12kb and received 293kb. Then Telco was charge me. What settings was I missed to off...and what application is running in background?