What's new

Need to understand how IOS Mail App works vs Gmail and Yahoo

rbdaves01

Reaction score
I have an IPhone XS, I have downloaded gmail and Yahoo mail and have used them since I got my IPad.. I have also tried using the IOS Mail App. on my IPad

The IOS Mail App looks like it only has my GMail account loaded. It can access “contacts-groups” but the IOS GMail App does not.

I have tried adding my Yahoo account to the IOS Mail App, but this process is not intuitive and not easily understood. Am I trying to do something that’s not possible?

I have previously deleted the IOS Mail app, because the Gmail and Yahoo apps seemed to get the job done.

However, since I discovered how IOS Mail accesses my “contacts groups”, I have tried using this instead of Gmail.

I have tried just using IOS “Mail” in place of my Gmail app. However, if I am trying to use a validation code login, this validation code doesn’t show up on the IOS version of my Gmail account.

Help, please.

NSquirrel

Reaction score
If not too difficult to describe, your fix may help others

OP
R

rbdaves01

Reaction score
also, to get the IOS Mail app to recognize your email accounts, it is necessary to go to settings>Passwords & Accounts>Accounts and activate the accounts you want to show up on IOS Mail App

Most reactions