What's new

Need Lock Screen Help For The iPhone 5

jimt29

Reaction score
When I turn on the iPhone it goes to the lock screen with the slider to open to the home page. Thats fine but it closes after 10 seconds ( I checked).

I went to Settings/General/Auto-Lock and it was set for 1 minute. I guess I don't understand what the Auto-Lock does.

Anyway........ Is there a setting to get the lock screen to stay on longer than 10 seconds?

Thanks in advance for any help.

When I turn on the iPhone it goes to the lock screen with the slider to open to the home page. Thats fine but it closes after 10 seconds ( I checked). I went to Settings/General/Auto-Lock and it was set for 1 minute. I guess I don't understand what the Auto-Lock does. Anyway........ Is there a setting to get the lock screen to stay on longer than 10 seconds? Thanks in advance for any help.
The lock screen is only supposed to stay on for about 10 seconds before the screen goes black.

What you are doing in settings when you adjust the auto-lock time is setting the time for the iPhone to lock and require the password to unlock the device. It doesn't set the time that the lock screen remains on before going black .

Here's a screenshot of my lock screen, is this what you mean by the lock screen?

$image-1408720649.jpg

Yes.

My question remains. Is there a setting to increase the time past the 10 seconds?

How about with a jailbroken iPhone 5?

there is a way, a tweak in cydia, I forget the name but you can search it in cydia

Sent from The Death Star using Telepathy

I have an iPhone 4 and the tweak I use is called 20 second lockscreen. I can set it up to 20 minutes. If docked or charging can be set for forever. Don't know about it working for an iPhone 5 though.

There is a tweak in Cydia called "Lockify Pro ($0.99, USD). It will allow you to set lockscreen dim delay for 15, 20, 25, 30, 60 seconds or never.

It also lets you hide lockscreen status bar items, the grabbers (hide and/or disable) and change the dolor of the clock, among other things.

It's been written for iOS 7 and says it supports the iPhone 5S. I have it on my iPhone 5 and it's working great.

May be worth looking into?

Marilyn

Southernyankee: Thanks. Gonna give it a try. Liked