Need Help !!!

Discussion in 'iOS 5.X.X' started by Afraskhan, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Afraskhan

Afraskhan New Member

Hey Guyz, recently i happened to see many cool ios 6 apps and cydia tweaks.. As i am using my Jailbroken Iphone 4s ios 5.1.1, I couldnt install some apps and tweaks which are compatible with ios 6. I really liked some of the cydia tweaks and i want them on my 4s... SO i just wanna ask u guyz that, how can i upgrade my ios 5.1.1 to ios 6 or is there any way which helps me to run applications and cydia tweeks of ios 6 on my ios 5.1.1

2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately, you are out of luck if a Cydia tweak states it's incompatible with your device. Because, you can't get it from Cydia and you can't upgrade that 4S to an unjailbroken iOS (the ONLY iOS you can upgrade to is iOS 6.1.3 and that cannot be jail broken).

So, I'm sorry, but you'll have to make do with what you have and hope that a jail break for upcoming iOS 7 is found and released relatively quickly.

Marilyn

3. willerz2

willerz2 Super Moderator Staff Member

Often times there's an alternative for an "original" for iOS 5 if it exists for iOS 6 only.

4. Afraskhan

Afraskhan New Member

Hmmm Sad :( Isnt there anyway by which i can run ios6 apps on my ios 5.1.1... Once i had seen in some website, people use Ifile to make ios 5 compatible with ios 6 apps. can u guyz tell me how do i do it with Ifile.? or is there any other way.?

5. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm afraid that there's no way to make an app that requires iOS 6 or greater run on a device that's on iOS 5.1.1.