What's new

Need HELP with Twitter Sound, PLEASE -

ImDrRichard

Reaction score
Hi -

First post on this cool site!

I use Twitter but whenever I receive a tweet the "tri-tone" sounds and not the "tweet" sound. I've tried a re-set, everything on/off, checked and re-checked notifications, sounds, the App itself, but can't make it sound with a tweet. I have iPhone4s.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-
Richard

Last edited:
You mean that the tweet tone is selected in settings> sounds> tweet> tweet/ but whenever receive a new tweet message, the try-tone sound out instead of of the tweet tone?

Never knew before that you would be able to hear tweeting sound when ever some one shares a new tweet of twitter. Come on Facebook how can you lag in this....... ;)

bab2010 said:
You mean that the tweet tone is selected in settings> sounds> tweet> tweet/ but whenever receive a new tweet message, the try-tone sound out instead of of the tweet tone?

I think it's only direct messages not every tweet. At least this is the only way I get the tweet notification on y phone. Someone has to send me a message. And I only use twitter for all my news feeds so no one tweets me haha

dengirl said:
I think it's only direct messages not every tweet. At least this is the only way I get the tweet notification on y phone. Someone has to send me a message. And I only use twitter for all my news feeds so no one tweets me haha

Oops I quoted wrong person sorry.

Okay, well, I still get the tri-tone for messages, too. Somethings not right because I have a second problem with my iPhone 4S that I'll post in a different thread.

Thank you all for responding.
R

ImDrRichard said:
Okay, well, I still get the tri-tone for messages, too. Somethings not right because I have a second problem with my iPhone 4S that I'll post in a different thread.

R

Have you gone into your settings and sounds to make sure under twitter you have the tone you want selected. It may have been turned onto tri tone by accident. It worth the looking.

dengirl said:
Have you gone into your settings and sounds to make sure under twitter you have the tone you want selected. It may have been turned onto tri tone by accident. It worth the looking.

Go into settings. Sounds. Look for tweet that is twitter and select sound I want.

Thanks. I looked. Twitter is checked all the way around. Still hear tri-tone.

ImDrRichard said:
Thanks. I looked. Twitter is checked all the way around. Still hear tri-tone.

Just an idea but try to select a different one. Save restart phone. And go back on and see of you can't put the tone in you want save and reboot again see if it fixes the glitch.

ImDrRichard said:

R

I have also noticed this. I really think its an iOS 5.0.1 bug, and cannot really be fixed. But someone might find a fix. Who knows. But your not the only one.

I have the same problem! Tweet sounds if I fixed like email sound, but not if I fixed like twitter sound...

I know installing PushTone from Cydia Fixes this.

zig9449 said:
I know installing PushTone from Cydia Fixes this.

You have to know that I'm not a genius in computers/phones & Co..

What do you say that I have to do??? 😁😁