What's new

Need Help with iTunes and using a second computer

bestj

Reaction score
new member here,

Laptop is dead (power chord issue) so I've been using my desktop lately which didn't have itunes or anything I've put on my phone (its all on my laptop).

Last night without realizing what would happen, when I synced the phone with itunes on my desktop I lost all the apps I had downloaded. No big deal, I went and put back on all the free apps I've previously downloaded. I had a few that I paid for, but I can wait until I get a new power chord for my laptop to put those back on.

Since I haven't used this desktop in a while I came across some songs thats on here that I want to put on my phone. So I transfer the files to itunes. I can't drag and drop the file into my iphone. I've searched online and I've done the steps with making a new player list, then go into the music section and sync the certain file with my phone but I get the "you will lose the music on your phone" warning so I've cancelled each time.

I'm pretty much stuck with what to do.

Thanks

iTunes will only let sync to one computer at a time. It will just replace all the files on the phone with the ones on the computer. If the computer doesn't have the same files on it as the other then you will loose all the data...

You, can also download your payed apps right off your phone again for free it won't charge you.