What's new

Ringtones

PattieDawn

Reaction score
Is there ANY real way to download a custom ringtone into my Verizon iPhone4? I have tried several apps, followed the directions precisely, am not attempting to use songs downloaded from iTunes, and edited to 30 seconds. I've gotten so far as to change the file to an m4r after saving to the desktop, but the file will simply not go into ringtones by either dragging or double clicking. The file DOES appear in music, but I can't transfer it. I am using a new Mac Mini computer.

I cant wait till IOS5 drops the final so you can just buy them without all the headache's of dl'ing all these apps just to get 1 ring tone....

I have tried every suggestion on these posts/forums. The ringtone is on my desktop and in my iTunes music library, but it simply will NOT transfer into the ringtones section so that Incan sync it to my iPhone. Sooooo frustrating!

PattieDawn said:
I have tried every suggestion on these posts/forums. The ringtone is on my desktop and in my iTunes music library, but it simply will NOT transfer into the ringtones section so that Incan sync it to my iPhone. Sooooo frustrating!

Ok. Let's do this. Check out this app called Xilisoft IPhone Ringtone Maker. This is the easiest way.
Make sure the file is converted to the m4r format and don't just rename the file. Then once that's done drag the file from the desktop to the Phone itself in iTunes. You also to have to check manually manage files whatever.

I tried it - no luck. I chose a song that I burned from a disk, converted it to m4r and got it into my desktop and the Music category of my iTunes Library When I try to drag it into ringtones or into my iPhone it just keeps bouncing back. Double clicking doesn't work either.

PattieDawn said:
I tried it - no luck. I chose a song that I burned from a disk, converted it to m4r and got it into my desktop and the Music category of my iTunes Library When I try to drag it into ringtones or into my iPhone it just keeps bouncing back. Double clicking doesn't work either.

You have to manually manage music in order for you to drag the file over. The first page you should see when you plug your phone into iTunes is the summary page. Scroll down to the bottom of that page. You should see manage music and videos.

Attachments

• $image-4000600734.jpg
    $image-4000600734.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 276