What's new

Need help preparing my IPhones 3GS and 4 to sell

Gmawx3

Reaction score
My husband and I just got I Phone 5's with a new carrier and plan on selling our 3gs and 4 we had with AT&T. I want to make sure there is no personal information available on these phones when I sell them. I have gone into settings and clicked "erase all content and settings" and wiped the phone off. I know these phones have SIM cards in them and wonder if there is personal information on them that is not removed when I erased the phones? Do people sell their phones with the cards in them or what? Appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me. Thanks!

Restore using iTunes. At the end of the restore process, just don't complete the activation process and do not restore from backup on iTunes.

Gmawx3 said:
My husband and I just got I Phone 5's with a new carrier and plan on selling our 3gs and 4 we had with AT&T. I want to make sure there is no personal information available on these phones when I sell them. I have gone into settings and clicked "erase all content and settings" and wiped the phone off. I know these phones have SIM cards in them and wonder if there is personal information on them that is not removed when I erased the phones? Do people sell their phones with the cards in them or what? Appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me. Thanks!

There's no personal info, but the cards are linked to your phone number. Better to remove the cards and let the new owner get his own.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator