What's new

Preparing old phone for sale

rayh22

Reaction score
Just upgraded my iPhone and plan to sell the old one (3g). How can I make sure that all personal info is off the phone? Should I remove the memory card? Or, is there a way to erase it?
Thank you.

Just upgraded my iPhone and plan to sell the old one (3g). How can I make sure that all personal info is off the phone? Should I remove the memory card? Or, is there a way to erase it? Thank you.
Seeing that iPhones don't have a "memory card"... they have flash memory built onto the mother board. The best way to completely wipe your iDevice is to connect to a fully updated version of iTunes and restore it as a new device. That'll pretty well set it back to out of the box specs w/ no personal info left on the iDevice.

There is many ways actually. You should try first to Unlock the iPhone and go to Settings > General > Reset and the another is go to the Reset menu “Erase all content and Settings. I wish this will be helpful for you and dont worry your personal info will be safe also.

Seeing that iPhones don't have a "memory card"... they have flash memory built onto the mother board. The best way to completely wipe your iDevice is to connect to a fully updated version of iTunes and restore it as a new device. That'll pretty well set it back to out of the box specs w/ no personal info left on the iDevice.

iPhones do in fact have a memory card. In the 3g its at the top next to the power button. It can be released by inserting a straight pin into the tiny hole.

iPhones do in fact have a memory card. In the 3g its at the top next to the power button. It can be released by inserting a straight pin into the tiny hole.

(LAUGHS OUT LOUD!)

That is what we call a "SIM" card.

NOT a memory card.lol.

zig9449 said:
(LAUGHS OUT LOUD!)

That is what we call a "SIM" card.

NOT a memory card.lol.

Maybe he has a China copy.

Semel said:
Maybe he has a China copy.

Maybe....but I know that model of iPhone has the SIM card slot on the very top of the device just like we're he said the "memory card" was.

swimmer123 said:
RUDE! somep people arent obsessed and know to much about their iPhones like you :)))

Your right mate....that was rude.......jus made me laugh.....my bad.....truly sorry. I really am.