What's new

NEED HELP JAILBREAKING iOS 6 iPhone 5

dr90

Reaction score
I have a iphone 5 w/ ios6 installed. My crazy ex-gf changed my passcode and iTunes account email/pswd. I am locked out of it and can't restore it thru iTunes.

I want to wipe the phone and start over. will jailbreaking do this? how do i jailbreak it and what programs are best for that?

Userland jailbreaks (such as the iOS 6 and 7 jailbreaks) require an open device or will require you to access the springboard at some point, meaning you'll need to know your lock screen passcode. In your case, the only way to get your device working is to restore to the latest iOS by placing the device in DFU mode and restoring using iTunes.

As for your AppleID, you can attempt to contact Apple CS to verify your previous information, in which case, they can reinstate your account under you with the credentials reset

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Will. I tried putting it into DFU and restoring with iTunes, but it still wouldn't let me do it without the passcode. You know any way around this?

Thanks Will. I tried putting it into DFU and restoring with iTunes, but it still wouldn't let me do it without the passcode. You know any way around this?

If iTunes is saying that you can't do it without the passcode, then you're not in DFU mode.

If iTunes is saying that you can't do it without the passcode, then you're not in DFU mode.

Thanks will, so I was able to restore it using the DFU method. it now is going thru the steps to restore as a new iPhone. is it completely wiped at this point? I went in to see if my old iCloud acct was still tied to it but there is just a blank space for me to enter a new iCloud acct.

When you restore from iOS 6 to iOS 7, you won't be locked during activation/setup because that feature is only present in iOS 7. It will ask for you to voluntarily log on, but you can skip it and input new credentials in

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro