What's new

Un-jailbreaking HELP

andipizzle

Reaction score
Okay so I've been scrolling through the forums and haven't really found anything that answers my question, so here goes.

A friend's (now ex) boyfriend jailbroke my phone for me, so I don't really know ANYTHING about it. I have an iPhone 4 running on 5.1.1 & I am trying to remove the jailbreak just simply because it isn't all that to me anymore. Problem, I tried to restore factory settings through iTunes and it wouldn't let me. I tried upgrading to ios6 on my phone and again, wouldn't let me. I can't update to the new iTunes because my MacBook doesn't have the latest software soooo I basically have no idea what the hell to do. I'm not good at this kind of stuff AT ALL and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

try downloading redsnow google it ..
then download official 5.1.1 firmware again try google.
once u run redsnow connect ur phone and fetch your blobs and save them once that is done run redsnow >extra>evenmore>restore
find the firmware u downloaded (ipsw)5.1.1 select and it should do its magic...

You don't need to fetch them. With the restore function you can either retrieve them locally or remotely from
Cydia, so just select remotely, especially if you're not that experienced

if you want to do a fresh restore to iOS 6.0.1 then you can always make sure all your data is backed up on your iPhone (apps,photos,music,contacts) and then do a DFU restore with iTunes. willerz2 has the credit