What's new

Need different headphones!!!

Reaction score
Ok, apparently I have special ears or something. I know they're small, but I never knew I'd have this big of an issue. The old iPhone headphones work ok, but they still fall out with the least little tug. I thought these new apple headphones would be the cure-all...but I am very disappointed in them. They don't work as well as the old ones do. Apparently my problem is that the bottom of the inside of my ear is more flat, and doesn't have anything for the headphones to hook on o like most people's ears do. Anybody have any suggestions?

Ok, apparently I have special ears or something. I know they're small, but I never knew I'd have this big of an issue. The old iPhone headphones work ok, but they still fall out with the least little tug. I thought these new apple headphones would be the cure-all...but I am very disappointed in them. They don't work as well as the old ones do. Apparently my problem is that the bottom of the inside of my ear is more flat, and doesn't have anything for the headphones to hook on o like most people's ears do. Anybody have any suggestions?
I have the same problem with Apple 'phones falling out so I now use some in ear Senheisers that came with 3 different size buds
Looked at many but the problem is the retailers wont let you try them (quite rightly ) so having used Senheiser over the ears since stereo became available I took a chance and am glad I did
Tried the Dr Dre Beats and found them to put too much "color" in the sound

Considering there is this thing called gravity and everyone isn't exactly the same you will never have headsets that pop in your ear and stay there. These are the best I ever tried, but for some reason I have it drop out of my right ear.

I wear glasses so if I'm not wearing them, like maybe laying down, reading and listening to music I'll wear my Gorilla over the top headsets. If I need my glasses I wear the Apple.

Considering there is this thing called gravity and everyone isn't exactly the same you will never have headsets that pop in your ear and stay there. These are the best I ever tried, but for some reason I have it drop out of my right ear.

I wear glasses so if I'm not wearing them, like maybe laying down, reading and listening to music I'll wear my Gorilla over the top headsets. If I need my glasses I wear the Apple.

Mine don't fall out like the Apple ones do
I wear glasses too

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mine don't fall out like the Apple ones do
I wear glasses too

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I don't believe that I indicated glasses cause anything to fall out. I said the over the top headsets I do not wear when I have glasses on. That's because they put pressure on my ears and I have kind of thick glasses so it can get painful.

The Apple headsets are my choice if I don't wear my glasses. And like I said not everybody is built the same. They fit better then any other ear drop headsets I've tried. But occasionally it can fall out. For the most part I'm very pleased with them.

I don't believe that I indicated glasses cause anything to fall out. I said the over the top headsets I do not wear when I have glasses on. That's because they put pressure on my ears and I have kind of thick glasses so it can get painful.

The Apple headsets are my choice if I don't wear my glasses. And like I said not everybody is built the same. They fit better then any other ear drop headsets I've tried. But occasionally it can fall out. For the most part I'm very pleased with them.

You're a lucky one then. I was doing some research today because I too am disappointed that I can't even sit on the couch and not have them fall out. There are many complaints out there already about them falling out of people's ears. I have a cheaper set of in ear headphones that I have that I bike with and have run with and they don't fall out. There are plenty of headphones out there that don't fall out of your ear. The iPhone headphones sound great when they stay in the ear.

I must say that I am a fan of the Bose ear buds. Not only do they sound good, I have zero issues with them ever falling out. They also make a mobile phone version that has the built in microphone and volume control.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

My issue with the in ear buds is they start to irritate my ears, even with the small adapter on. That's my plague for having small ear canals. I don't really have an issue with the apple buds falling out unless the cord gets tugged.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I_Luv_Apple said:
There's a guy in my American Lit class at Clemson that walks around campus wearing those things and I can't help but laugh every time I see him lol

I bought the Apple noise canceling earbuds a long time ago that are supposed to fit like earplugs and they sound great as long as you can keep them sealed. But even with the smallest fittings I can't keep them in. I've got a really nice pair of headphones that hook over my ear for when I workout but they're not all that comfortable for general use.

My issue with the in ear buds is they start to irritate my ears, even with the small adapter on. That's my plague for having small ear canals. I don't really have an issue with the apple buds falling out unless the cord gets tugged.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

My wife has smaller ears too, and the Bose work good for her. She can wear them for hours without any irritation. The silicone adapters also have a small hook that helps them stay in. They don't go into the ear canal, but sit in the bowl of your ear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk