What's new

Native Turn-By-Turn Voice Navigation Coming To iOS!

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlhkUUFWA6E]YouTube - iOS Native Turn By Turn Directions Tweak Teaser Video! :)[/ame]​

If you watch the video above, you'll see a new tweak coming to Cydia that will add Turn-By-Turn Voice Navigation to your Maps App. This is a native add-on so you won't have a separate app like Navigon or TomTom. It should also be inexpensive, judging from the developers other tweaks and apps. The tweak seems simple to use, just search for your directions, like you would, and the Voice Navigation begins. Full story once it's released!

Talk about completing the package! Very nice!

Poo I don't see any text in your post. So like free native turn by turn? I am down, when?

I'm totally down with this!! When is the only question that I have!!!

i really hope apple add this officially to the maps, using maps is so annoying and if your alone forget about it.. but maps is such a sweet app and would be perfect with turn by turn navigation! just another feature jailbreakers get 100 years before apple adds it..

i really hope apple add this officially to the maps, using maps is so annoying and if your alone forget about it.. but maps is such a sweet app and would be perfect with turn by turn navigation! just another feature jailbreakers get 100 years before apple adds it..

I am told that Androids google maps is voice turn by turn? If that's true I would wager a bet that it's google that doesn't want it on the iPhone. Reserve some features for their own product. Or possibly it is a decision from the carrier? Then again maybe Apple likes the commission from the high priced navigation apps in the app store. Could be a lot of reasons for it but I'd be happy with this mod at least.

Is it truly turn-by-turn? That is, will it reroute automatically if one ventures off-course? If it doesn't do that, it will pale in comparison to Google Nav on Android.

Just download Motion X GPS Drive and pay the 1.75 per month (19.99+0.99). Is it really that expensive for you? It is cheaper and better than VZW navigation. And I am willing to bet that it is better than Google Navigation, though I have not tried Google.

So I take it that this tweak turned out to be vaporware?

Tale care,
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net