What's new

Names assigned to photos. How to change them

DireWolf1972

Reaction score
My wife and I both recently switched to iPhones (both 4s'). Since we both take photos of our daughter but add them to a single computer, is there a way to change the default naming method for one of the phones. It's annoying to have two different IMG_002.jpg, IMG_003.jpg and so on.

Is it possible to instruct one of the phones to automatically name its photos IMG_001a.jpg or maybe IMG2_001.jpg or maybe just start at a higher number as in photo IMG_001.jpg would start at IMG_100001.jpg so that we would have to take 100,000 photos before we started hitting the same image names?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We took our daughter (she's 2 and a half) to a hay ride for Halloween and we took about 1000 photos each. It's impossible to get a little girl her age to sit still or pose for a photo so we just keep tapping the take photo button and hope that maybe 1 out of ever 50 photos will turn out to be a good photo lol

Thanks,
Paul

Is my post too confusing or does a lack of response mean that it is impossible to change the file naming structure on a iphone?

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change the naming convention of photos on the phone. All I can suggest you do is purchase a photo management app that will let you change the photo name.

Sorry.

Marilyn