What's new

changing what pictures are named in camera roll?

GreenD

Reaction score
Does anybody know if it is possible to change how pictures are named in iPhone4?

photo's are named for instance: IMG_0886.jpg - but because it's my second phone, I already have pictures with the same name. If I want to copy a bunch of pics to my computer I can either replace the photo or not copy it :(
Can I change what the pics are named or where it starts counting?

thx

GreenD said:
Does anybody know if it is possible to change how pictures are named in iPhone4?

photo's are named for instance: IMG_0886.jpg - but because it's my second phone, I already have pictures with the same name. If I want to copy a bunch of pics to my computer I can either replace the photo or not copy it :(
Can I change what the pics are named or where it starts counting?

thx

I don't understand. Why don't you just import the pics from iPhone to computer through the import dialogue that pops up every time your phone is plugged in? Choose a different folder to put them in (since they have the same name)then change then from there.

Or...

I would change the name of the pics that already on your computer so they do not get overwritten

OR...if you are jailbroken...you could use iFile to change the file names of the pics rite on the phone....which I really don't recommend because I don't know how the phones media folder would react to that.

But if you want to go through the trouble of changing names then I would just change the names of the photos that are already on the computer before importing the ones from your phone.

That's a good solution, thanks.
Could you tell me how to change multiple files in one go?
I usually have a big bunch if photo's to transfer and the folder I'm having this problem with has over 3200 photo's.

Thx!

GreenD said:
That's a good solution, thanks.
Could you tell me how to change multiple files in one go?
I usually have a big bunch if photo's to transfer and the folder I'm having this problem with has over 3200 photo's.

Thx!

Sorry...but I do not know of a way to do that.

Hi! I too have been struggling with this since I bought my iPhone5 in December. Today, I finally figured out that if I import the files with LightRoom, I can customize the file names on import. It's working perfectly. Check out B&H out of New York. I got LR3 for under $100, but that was a few months back.