What's new

N.O.V.A. 2 Out Thursday December 16th

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fli2x--Crjk]YouTube - N.O.V.A. 2 Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance - iPhone&iPad - Game trailer[/ame]​

Pocket Gamer reports today that Gameloft has revealed that its forthcoming first-person sci-fi shooter N.O.V.A. 2 will be released on December 16 on iPhone (with the iPad release date to be announced later). Gameloft has also released an exciting new trailer to whet everyone’s appetites for the eagerly awaited sequel.

As Pocket Gamer so rightly says, the first N.O.V.A. game is considered by many to be one of the best first-person shooters ever to be released for iOS devices, garnering great reviews and many awards.

Obviously inspired by Halo, the sequel is very much more of the same, in terms of the storyline at least, with the plot continuing on from the end of the first game. Gameloft promises fans many new gameplay features however, including a much bigger range of weapons and powers, more diversified gameplay, including driving a motorbike and taking control of a giant mech, and a new alien machine race to deal with, with improved AI. The multiplayer mode has also been overhauled and now includes support for up to 10 players via Gameloft Live. The graphics have also been fully optimised for the Retina display. Not long to wait now, enjoy the trailer!

Source: Pocket Gamer

very good game but i got stuck on the first one and havent played it since lol

awesome. loved the first one ( beat it on my droid). lookig foward to this.

Has any one got to that big boss guy where you have to shoot it with certain weapons? i bought the game both on my iphone and on my macbook pro and its so much easier on the mac!

but i cant for the life of me get that horse thing to DIE.. whats the secret to killing it? and is it the very last boss?

Love both the games, almost completed NOVA 2 now, the first one was easy, the 2nd has some much needed updates, make the gameplay better and the story better, excellent games if your a halo fan on the xbox :)

Thanks

Love both the games, almost completed NOVA 2 now, the first one was easy, the 2nd has some much needed updates, make the gameplay better and the story better, excellent games if your a halo fan on the xbox :)

Thanks

so how did you kill the horse guy ??? the one where you can only shoot him with certain weapons and then it says vulnerable to bullets or laser or explosions? i can get the thing to die

Sorry can't remember, been a while since that one, I'll go back and let you know :)

Last edited:
so wait the horse guy is not the final boss???

i shoot in the face and as close as i can (when i can) but if i go close it kills me pretty quickly unless its shooting rockets thats when i go in for the kill... i sit there for about 30 minute shooting and i get bored because the damn thing wont die lol, and i know i am shooting it because the thing flashes when your hitting it correctly..

oh nice link, so im supposed to see some crystals on the ground and on him and that will enable me to kill him, no wonder nothing happens when i sit shooing it for 1000 years lol, ty for that