What's new

My iphone 5s get hot quickly

dyenne81

Reaction score
Is anybody experience same as I am.
When I am taking photo/video, playing games in few seconds at the back become hot.
But if I'am using whatsapp, FB, instagram.. its ok.

Why is this happened? Is it because of the software, chip, OS or battery?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

I think its the battery. Better take it to the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple store. Some iPhone 5s have a battery defect, I don't know what are the symptoms, but it should not reduce when you are shooting photos/vids. Welcome to iPF and hope you have a good time here. :)

It could be the games. Some games with a lot of mechanization like bowling or Tetris caused my iPhone 4 to get hot like that.

I've had my 5S since 9/25 & it has been fine up until 2 days ago. I always plug it in to my PC in the morning to charge with no problems. Have done this with all of my iPhones for years. Then 2 days ago I went to unplug it from the charger & the phone was very hot & the battery had only charged from 50% to 80% in 2 hrs. 15 min. Normally it would be fully charged from that stat in about 1 1/2 hours. Then yesterday it got really hot but charged fine. Today it didn't get hot at all but was really slow charging so I plugged it in a wall charger & it charged a bit faster. Still not as fast as it normally would. Hopefully the next update fixes some of these issues.

I've had my 5S since 9/25 & it has been fine up until 2 days ago. I always plug it in to my PC in the morning to charge with no problems. Have done this with all of my iPhones for years. Then 2 days ago I went to unplug it from the charger & the phone was very hot & the battery had only charged from 50% to 80% in 2 hrs. 15 min. Normally it would be fully charged from that stat in about 1 1/2 hours. Then yesterday it got really hot but charged fine. Today it didn't get hot at all but was really slow charging so I plugged it in a wall charger & it charged a bit faster. Still not as fast as it normally would. Hopefully the next update fixes some of these issues.
There's no update that's going to solve this. Your phone needs to be evaluated by an Apple rep.

Is anybody experience same as I am. When I am taking photo/video, playing games in few seconds at the back become hot. But if I'am using whatsapp, FB, instagram.. its ok. Why is this happened? Is it because of the software, chip, OS or battery? iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

I've noticed the same thing with my 5s. Only certain apps get the phone hot.

I loaded these apps which get the iPhone 5s hot into my iPad air and also iPhone 4S. All devices got hot when using these graphic intensive apps.

I've looked at internal photos of the 5s and Air as to the placement of the battery and CPU/GPU/GPS processors. Then taking a FLIR camera, I was able to verify the CPU/GPU were getting warm/hot, while the battery stayed cool. Over time running a graphic intensive app, the CPU/GPU heat slowly migrates to the battery, but nothing even close to dangerous temps for a Li-Po battery.

I'm new to this forum, so I don't know if we can upload photos. If so, I can upload some FLIR thermal images of the 5s.