What's new

My iPhone 3gs won't activate after restore? please help!!

hetty_sammy

Reaction score
I recently restored my iPhone 3gs and now it won't activate. :/

I had it unlocked on Saturday.

I only went to update it; it started to update fine but then it said to plug it into iTunes. So I did that. Then it said that I had to restore it, so I did that. Now, after the restore, it won't activate it again. I have tried DFU and that hasn't worked.

When I plug it into iTunes it says 'there is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate.' Even though my SIM card is in it.

Please help! I have been trying to find out how to activate it again but I don't understand it! Now I'm worried that I'm going to have to spend more money on it to get it to work again :/

Thankyou so much for any replies!

hetty_sammy said:
I recently restored my iPhone 3gs and now it won't activate. :/

I had it unlocked on Saturday.

I only went to update it; it started to update fine but then it said to plug it into iTunes. So I did that. Then it said that I had to restore it, so I did that. Now, after the restore, it won't activate it again. I have tried DFU and that hasn't worked.

When I plug it into iTunes it says 'there is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate.' Even though my SIM card is in it.

Please help! I have been trying to find out how to activate it again but I don't understand it! Now I'm worried that I'm going to have to spend more money on it to get it to work again :/

Thankyou so much for any replies!

How did you get it unlocked? That is a "major" factor in this particular scenario.