What's new

Iphone won't stay activated

ProbablyAlice

Reaction score
Okay, so I bought a used Iphone 5 recently and everything works perfectly on it. My problem is that it won't stay activated. When I first bought it I went through all the steps of activating a new iphone and it worked and I was able to use it fine. But the next day after I woke up I went to check what time it was and I had a notification that read "Activation Required." So I had to go through and do all the activation steps again and after I finished I was able to use it as if nothing had happened. This just keeps happening. I'll use my phone for a while and suddenly the screen will go dark and then light back up saying "Activation Required" and I have to go through all the steps again.

It sometimes happens multiple times in like a 10 minute period, and sometimes it'll go an entire day without doing it. I've tried factory resetting it, updating it, restarting it, activating it through Itunes AND wifi, and nothing works. Google hasn't been any help either. It wouldn't be that big of a problem if I didn't have to connect to wifi every time I need to activate it again. It doesn't have any service (I'm basically just using it as an Ipod) so if I'm in an area without any internet I just can't use it if it deactivates. The Iphone 5 I had before this one also didn't have any service either and I never had this problem.

So basically what I'm asking is how can I activate it and keep it activated permanently? Am I just doing something wrong? I'm using the same sim card I had in my old Iphone 5 so could that be an issue? It's just so aggravating and I'd like to use my phone without having to worry about being in range of wifi at all times.

I phones are sold at a discount for people to have cell service with it and pay a carrier. The original owner probably signed a contract for cell service. If he sold it to you before that time frame was up, someone needs to pay the contract off. Take it to the carrier the original owner used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk