What's new

My iPad now crashes after installing OS5.1

davedrizen

Reaction score
After installing os5.1 my iPod touch (4th generation ) now regularly crash in some apps.
Has anybody else had this problem? It happens with various apps and even happened with apple app store app.
I am not sure if it the apps that are not comparable with the new software or there is problem the iPod touch not liking the OS 5.1 software.

Delete them and reinstall did you update via iPod I had similar problem when updating via device phoned apple they advised to delete and reinstall

Worked for me :)

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

Thanks, I can delete most, however as explained in original post one of apps affected is the app store app, which can not be deleted. Not sure. If there is any way round that?

I reset and reload the software from itunes on my computer, which appear to cured the problem.
If I understand if you download and in install using a computer, all data from the device is erased and the software is installed. However downloading from icloud puts the new software on top of all the old data,which some might not like the new software, cause the device to crash