What's new

My home network question

tim56

Reaction score
Hi
When I do not use my iPhone 6 plus for any length of time and leave it sitting. And go back to use it it will for some reason lose my home network connection. To reconnect I have to power down my iPhone 6 plus and it will pick up my home network again. Can anyone tell me what could be causing this? Thank you

Does it say connected but doesn't use the connection? Because that is an ios8 bug they supposedly fixed in 8.0.2

Hi Willougd I cannot remember but I would take a snapshot and post it on here when it happened again. Sorry

Are you using WEP encryption on your router?. These phones don't like WEP. I had problems with slow connection and found out about this on some forum. I changed to WPA2 Personal and the problem went away.

Sent via Tapatalk from one of my iOS devices

Hi Guitar4Him sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It happened to me again today I had a shut my phone off and Power it back up. To reconnect to my home networking router. Sorry I do not know if I am using a WEP encryption or not. I wouldn't you know how to tell if I am or not. Sorry. Thank you

Hi
When I do not use my iPhone 6 plus for any length of time and leave it sitting. And go back to use it it will for some reason lose my home network connection. To reconnect I have to power down my iPhone 6 plus and it will pick up my home network again. Can anyone tell me what could be causing this? Thank you
I'm having the exact same problem. Just started today. It doesn't show my wifi at all. When I search for networks I can't pick up any at all. After reboot I find 5 networks including mine

My iPhone 6 will "disconnect" from my 5 GHz network and "re-connect" on my 2.4 GHZ network.....!!:confused:
It does this on a random basis....no set pattern.....BUT I don't actually "drop" my Wi-Fi......
I like the 5GHz network because it's generally faster, taking full advantage of the iPhone's 802.11ac technology..
I'm running Comcast's Extreme 150/20 speed tier and an Asus RT-AC68R router.....