What's new

My First and Last Apple Product of any Kind !

Vynster61

Reaction score
In January 2014, I purchased a new mobile phone plan and purchased an Iphone 5c on that plan.
In march of this year, the rear facing camera on my Iphone ceased to work.(my phone hasn't been dropped, its housed in a Lumitek case.) I rebooted the phone, no joy, so I restored my phone to factory settings, still no joy.
I thought, 'No worries, the phone is only just over a year old, so I'll contact Apple', So I did, only to be informed, that it would cost me £163 + VAT + Carriage tget the camera working again, as Apple only warrant their products for a year.
I am due an upgrade on my mobile contract very shortly, I was going to upgrade to the Iphone 6, not now !!
I will upgrade to a manufacturer who guarantees their product for the life of the mobile contract !!!

Your contact length has nothing to do with Apple.
Apple give a 12mth warranty as do other mobile phone manufacturers.

I beg to differ, i was informed at my EE Store that all or most of the other manufacturers give a 2 year warranty and it is Apple who only give one year warranty.

Ok.....Samsung warranty is 12mths.
LG phone is 12th warranty also.

Last edited:
Your contact length has nothing to do with Apple.
Apple give a 12mth warranty as do other mobile phone manufacturers.[/QUOTE

Your rather high handed response, comes as no surprise to me actually, it was exactly what I expected !!!

It's not only Apple that gives a one year warranty. Motorola, Alcatel, Blackberry, e.g. also have a 12 months warranty. I don't know it it's possible with these to expand the warranty to 2 years, as Apple allows it, if you purchase Apple Care +.

My previous phone HTC one x was two years.
So i won't be getting a Samsung Then and neither will I be getting an Iphone.
Enough said.

My previous phone HTC one x was two years.
So i won't be getting a Samsung Then and neither will I be getting an Iphone.
Enough said.
You must do as you see fit but we are just a forum and not affiliated with Apple so shouting the odds on here is rather pointless.

Personally, I could not be more pleased with both my iPhone and my MacBook Air. Apple makes top quality products and has the best customer support of anyone I have dealt with in years. The others who posted replies to your post are correct. These phones come with a one year warranty, and this is a support forum, so ranting here about what it would cost to get your phone repaired is pointless. No disrespect intended at all, but you sound like you must be very young and petulant. I say this based on your responses to the replies you have received. No one has spoken unkindly to you.

Also want to add that I do not work for Apple, nor do I know anyone who does, nor do I own any Apple stock.

The OP is judging an entire company, as well as their entire product line, on the basis of a bad experience with one product.

I'm speechless.

I myself have had three iPhones and my 4s is still being used by my son, I have had two iPads two MacBook Pros and various Apple accessories and have been pleased with everything.
Apple do make top quality products, Yes of course they can go wrong but Apple give excellent after sales service.

I have owned the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5s, iPod Touch 5th gen, iPad mini 2, iPad 4 (Retina), iPad Air 2, Apple TV, and a Mac mini and have never had any deal-breaker problems with any of these products.