What's new

I'm thinking of dumping AT&T

1badsup

Reaction score
So I switched to AT&T mobile share value plan with 4 lines a few months ago and I actually saved $60 a month. I upgraded to an iPhone 6 on September 19 and I found out that I do not qualify for a 2-year contract upgrade unless I pay them $25 a month per line. I either have to buy the phone full price or through AT&T next for $32 a month. So for 4 phones, I have to pay an additional $128 a month so my total monthly cost is $288.

So my other option is to dump AT&T and switch to T-Mobile. They have a similar plan for 4 lines for $100 a month plus $27 a month for each new iPhone 6. So my monthly cost is $208 and they will pay for my early termination with AT&T and I can either trade-in our existing iPhones or sell them.

Should I dump AT&T?

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
The price seems right! However, there are two BIG things you need to look at.... does the $100/mo include the fee for each of the 4 lines of service AND how is the T-Mobile coverage in and around your home or main areas of use? Make sure it's right for you before making a big switch.

hoserama

Reaction score
So I switched to AT&T mobile share value plan with 4 lines a few months ago and I actually saved $60 a month. I upgraded to an iPhone 6 on September 19 and I found out that I do not qualify for a 2-year contract upgrade unless I pay them $25 a month per line. I either have to buy the phone full price or through AT&T next for $32 a month. So for 4 phones, I have to pay an additional $128 a month so my total monthly cost is $288.

So my other option is to dump AT&T and switch to T-Mobile. They have a similar plan for 4 lines for $100 a month plus $27 a month for each new iPhone 6. So my monthly cost is $208 and they will pay for my early termination with AT&T and I can either trade-in our existing iPhones or sell them.

Should I dump AT&T?

I too recently had the same shock! Apparently when you and I both signed up for the mobile share plan is when AT&T was running a promotion to wave that fee when signing up for the new plan.

Most reactions

Latest posts