What's new

Want A New iPhone 6 But Don't Have The Bucks

iJeffrey

Reaction score
Can't afford the steep off-contract prices for Apple's new smartphones? T-Mobile joins other wireless carriers in aiming to make it easier for users to pay them off.

iphone-6-iphone-6c-05.jpg

T-Mobile announced a pricing program for Apple's new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus on Thursday that lets users pay off their phones with a monthly payment program.

When users choose one of T-Mobile's Simple Choice plans, they can get the 16GB iPhone 6 for $0 down and 24 equal monthly payments of $27.08. The 16GB iPhone 6 Plus also has $0 down and can be paid off in 24 equal monthly payments of $31.24. The total cost is equivalent to an off-contract phone, which is $650 for the iPhone 6 and $750 for the iPhone 6 Plus. See all options in chart below.

Monthly payment plans are standard for T-Mobile. While other carriers offer such a service, T-Mobile was the first to fully embrace the idea of customers paying for their own devices.

As for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, the three other top US carriers -- AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon -- also offer similar monthly pay-off options. Additionally, like other carriers, T-Mobile will begin selling the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus on September 19 and will be offering the smartphones for preorder online beginning today

Source

I wish there was something like that here in the UK. I'm afraid it will be an upfront cost af about £200 and around £50pm for the privilege of a contract I guess