What's new

Music Plays After Call Ends

teasleyj

Reaction score
I apologize if this is addressed elsewhere but I cannot get a straight answer anywhere.

When I end a call that either I made or received, my Music starts playing as soon as the call ends. I was not playing Music before the call, and it always goes to the same tune. While I can turn off the music after it starts, this is very frustrating, especially while driving. I have turned off iTunes and Music in Cellular under Settings and have turned iTunes and Music off under Restrictions. This happens all the time, and is not a Car Play problem. I have tried every trick I have found to stop this and guess that I will have to delete all the songs in my iPhone. I have a iPhone 6s running iOS 11.4. Please help.

Do you use headphones, and do you end the call using the buttons on your headphones? Maybe you’re pressing the button too long,

Do you use headphones, and do you end the call using the buttons on your headphones? Maybe you’re pressing the button too long,
I use a Plantronic bluetooth headphone and I have the problem no matter how I end the call, either by using the headphone or my phone.

Are there any auto-playing settings in your car’s settings that have to be disabled separately?

If you don’t need Car Play, disable it in Restrictions.

And send feedback to Apple: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Are there any auto-playing settings in your car’s settings that have to be disabled separately?

If you don’t need Car Play, disable it in Restrictions.

And send feedback to Apple: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
I don't use Car Play and it is restricted. This happens no matter where I am, inside a dwelling, in a car, or even outside. I even disconnected my iPhone from my car.

Do you minimize Music or actually close it? Try closing the app then see if it still happens

I am not playing Music before I answer the call so I don't need to close it. The app is not open.

Let me rephrase, is Music closed or just minimized? I'm not really concerned with whether or not you were listening prior to your phone calls (never entered my mind you were as that would have been an easy solution)

The app is and still is closed. This also happens when I listen to a voicemail. The Music starts as soon as I close the voicemail. I may just strip all my music off my phone.

Oddly enough I am going to recommend updating to 11.4.1 as 11.4 has some odd issues, and I never recommend updating as a potential fix to a problem.

I will put some music on my 6S Plus this weekend and try it with my Apple Car Play radio to see if I may be able to reproduce your issue. Might help diagnose and find an answer.