What's new

iPhone does not support 3rd app playing music in background on bluetooth?

gztanwei

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a iPhone 4s.

I like to use bluetooth headphones in gym.

I found that using iTunes, I can start playing music, and go back to HOME, and the music still plays into my bluetooth headphone fine.

But when I used 3rd party apps (TunedIn, Podcast Pro, etc), it can play into my bluetooth headphone, but as soon as I hit the home button, or turn off the radio, the music comes out of speaker, rather than bluetooth!

So my question is: does iPhone not support 3rd app playing music in background on bluetooth?

It might be that Bluetooth is turned off when the iPhone goes into sleep mode. You might be able to find a tweak that allows for you to keep Bluetooth on in the background, but on a clean iPhone, unless you have it plugged in, it's built into the iPhone by Apple to conserve battery

It might be that Bluetooth is turned off when the iPhone goes into sleep mode. You might be able to find a tweak that allows for you to keep Bluetooth on in the background, but on a clean iPhone, unless you have it plugged in, it's built into the iPhone by Apple to conserve battery

but itunes can work with Bluetooth background play fine. That's disturbing.