What's new

Music and photos won't sync to iPhone 4 after ios 5 upgrade

Jessicurl

Reaction score
I have been reading threads and blogs for hours today trying to figure out what I can do to make this work, so please accept my apology if this has been covered here and I missed it. (I did a search as well.)

I upgraded my iPhone 4 this morning and neither my music or photos will sync now. Ringtones, aps and contacts have, however.

I've made sure that "manage music manually" is checked, I've also unchecked, syncd and re-checked both the pictures and the music tabs. I've restored the phone and also hard re-set it. Nothing is working. My Music app is empty and the only pictures on the phone are ones I've taken with the phone, not the ones I want synced over from my computer. (Lenovo laptop, in case that matters.)

Does anybody out there have any other options I can try? Thanks in advance for any help.

This has happened to me in the past (with my 3G iPhone). What I did was DFU restored the phone and re-installed iTunes. I did bpth thpse steps at once and voila! the problem was resolved. Go ahead and try a DFU restore instead of a standard one. If that fails, uninstall iTunes and ALL of it's components (this includes Bonjour).

How to DFU Restore:

-Hold the Sleep/Wake Button for 3 seconds
-Continue holding the Sleep/Wake Button and then hold the Home Button as well for 10 seconds
-Then, Release the Sleep/Wake Button and continue holding the Home Button until a message pops up in iTunes.

Im aware. I just wanted to make it easier for the OP. My apologies.

Thank you for the replies. I read around some more (while backing up my iTunes in case I did need to uninstall) and saw again the suggestion to delete iphone photo cache. I did that earlier, but found it again in the folder I had set to sync from my computer to iPhone. I deleted it from there as well. I also re-set the settings. I'm not sure which of these things worked, but I don't really care, as now my phone is synced back up again. Thank you again for posting suggestions to help, I appreciate it.