What's new

Move itunes from one pc to another

Theodch

Reaction score
Guys,
I' ve been searching for many days what will be erased from your iPhone if you synch it with a new pc but I didnt find anth. Does anyone has a clue?

Also pls let me know if there is a way to transfer all my apps, contacts etc from one pc itunes to another pc.

Thanks!

Hello Theodch.....Your question is exactly why I just joined this forum,hope we get an answer.........I want to start using a different computer too but no apps show up in the library. I'm like you, I don't want to kose any!

Last edited:
Theodch.........I found it........open itunes library, then click on "file" at the top. Then click "transfer purchases from iphone" I didn't lose any apps :)

Thats good :) But what about contacts, songs and other stuff? How do u transfer them?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use a third party app like copy trans pro for songs on the new computer. As for the contacts just backup the device and transfer purchases

Assuming ios 5, If you back up to iCloud then you don't need a pc and won't loose your iPhone data, but be aware any music or films not downloaded via iTunes will not transfer unless you buy an extension and perhaps a bigger file size.

Contacts in M$ outlook or Outlook Express can be exported to a file and imported to the new machine using a USB finger, or even imported to google, hotmail etc. Those sites give you instructions and the advantage is they are then available to you from anywhere in the world where you can access a pc or iPad etc.