What's new

Motor Trend Shares Their Apple Car Concept Based on 'exhaustive research' & 'speculation'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
apple-car-concept-motor-trend.png

It seems that Motor Trend believes they know what the mythological "Apple Car" might look like when it becomes a reality. The car magazine culled a group of renowned editors, analysts and industry insiders to come up with a concept for the Apple Car. They created a video in which they discuss all of their extensive research and conclusions which lead to the image you see above. You can check out the video in the thread below.

The Motor Trend editors admit that their concept design is "entirely speculative," and perhaps it would be a good thing if it stayed that way. While there are several functionality elements that seem pretty intriguing from their concept, here at HQ, we can't help but scoff at the aesthetic design they have chosen. Apple is known for iconic and beautiful designs which allow technology to almost transcend itself into a work of art. This Apple Car concept is none of those things.

The best description we could come up with is that this Motor Trend Apple Car concept looks like the distorted egg popped out by some sort of post-apocalyptic mutant robot chicken. Even when we try to like it, we can't help but throw up in our mouths a bit...

What do you think?

Wow... It's almost like you couldn't have made it any uglier if you tried. The words "Ghastly" and "Even uglier than a Pontiac Aztek" come to mind. I hope this is nothing like the "final" product... if there even is a product on the way.

Good thing Motor Trend doesn't actually produce/design cars!

Come on, this is Apple - All of their products look amazing. I seriously doubt an Apple car would look anything close to that.

I never thought I would say this, but as far as looks go... I'd take the Aztek over that.

I still think it will take design cues from the BMW i3.

BMW-i3-silver.jpg

The Motor Trend editors admit that their concept design is "entirely speculative,"

That's all that needs to be said.

There's no way in hell Apple--or anyone for that matter--would release such an abomination. This has to be nothing more than Motor Trend click bait, there's no other explanation

This was Motor Trend's editors trying desperately to create something viral, even at the expense of any evidence or corroboration from anyone who might know the smallest bit about it. Despite the fact that its ugly, its ridiculous that they spent 30 minutes to create a youtube video to tell us all about something they made up.

Sounds to me like MT botched this effort.