What's new

more than 1 "mobile" number for contacts why

dvtrv

Reaction score
I've just discovered I can only have one of the numerous phone numbers for a contact to be listed as "mobile".
Why is this?

I have contacts which include a few mobile numbers but only one can be listed as though.

Please advise how I can change this.

Thank you,

Dave

Last edited:
You can have multiple mobile numbers. When you go to add the second one just tap on the number label (home, work, etc.) and it will open a list of labels to choose from. Just choose mobile again.

Hi,
What version are you on?
On iOS 7 you can do the following:
1)Go to the Contacts app and open it.
2)Press the "+" icon in the top right or edit a existing contact.
3)Press the green plus by the add phone.
4)Tap on the little ">"
5)Press mobile and done.
You can repeat these steps to get multiple mobile numbers listed on one contacts.

Cheers people. I'm aware how to do all these things but it is not working.
Please advise further.
Thank you

Hi,
May I ask what version are you running?
And in what way is it not working? Just not showing up or?

And how can I do this as I've looked and can't seem to do it.

Please advise,

Thanks

How to make custom labels in contacts:
1. Tap Edit in top right

$image-1993454978.jpg

2. Tap existing label

$image-1421531671.jpg

3. Scroll down to Add Custom Label

$image-4000656669.jpg

4. Type in your custom label

$image-1221627148.jpg

5. Tap Done in top right

$image-2163315605.jpg

6. Tap Done again in top right

$image-4044346422.jpg

7. You're done

$image-25318236.jpg

I don't get the option to add custom label??

I don't get the option to add custom label??
You said you could only have one contact's number labeled "Mobile". I was showing you options to label other numbers with custom labels. You can make it whatever you want. Are you saying it doesn't matter what the label? Are you saying that 2 or more phones on one contact does not work, regardless of the label?

Thank you for trying to help me. I'm well aware of what you are telling me what I should do but I don't seem to have an option to add a custom label. I'm following ur very clear instructions but can only get as far as;
"Pager
Car
Radio"
Then no other option, no "Add Custom Label" listed.

This is the issue I'm having.
If I change the number from "Home" to "Mobile" when it is a mobile number, then press "Done" it reverts back to "home".
I can't seem to have 2 Mobile numbers.

Thank you for trying to help me. I'm well aware of what you are telling me what I should do but I don't seem to have an option to add a custom label. I'm following ur very clear instructions but can only get as far as; "Pager Car Radio" Then no other option, no "Add Custom Label" listed. This is the issue I'm having. If I change the number from "Home" to "Mobile" when it is a mobile number, then press "Done" it reverts back to "home". I can't seem to have 2 Mobile numbers.
Do all your contacts do that way, or just that one? You might try deleting out the contact, then do a hard reset. Then add the contact back in and try the labels again. What phone are you using? If the hard reset does not work, try Reset All Settings. This is located in your settings, if your on an iPhone.

Last edited:
All my contacts do it that way.
If this appears ro be the only option then I'll just to put up with it as I'm not a fan of doing a hard reset.
Thank you