What's new

Contact # labeled iPhone instead of Mobile

JMody

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to label a contacts phone number as an iPhone instead of Mobile? I use gmail for all my contacts. I've tried changing the custom label to iPhone in the google interface online however it just deletes the contact from the phone.

Any ideas?

You can tap the "Mobile" label (or any other label in blue) when editing a Contact which brings up a list to select other choices.

Or select "mobile" type one digit, then the "iphone" row will appear underneath. Works for me

iPhone isn't on that list of other choices for me. Thanks for the response though.

After u typed one digit into the mobile box, have u scrolled down just a bit. Because the iPhone box appears but then gets covered by the onscreen keyboard. So just scroll down a little. U should find it :)))

Hope it works

U have iOS 6.0.1 right? And which iPhone? Might make a difference dunno :p

iPhone isn't on that list of other choices for me. Thanks for the response though.

When you tap edit for an existing contact or the plus sign (+) for a new contact you should get this screen
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356819728.645463.jpg

Now if you tap the word Mobile next to the word Phone you should get this screen
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356819840.465589.jpg
Here you can select iPhone or whatever for the label

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

When you tap edit for an existing contact or the plus sign (+) for a new contact you should get this screen
View attachment 10398

Now if you tap the word Mobile next to the word Phone you should get this screen
View attachment 10399
Here you can select iPhone or whatever for the label

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Except when using Gmail. I just switched my iCloud contacts off and the gmail on and tried to add a new one. No option with the gmail contacts for iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

That's my problem. I'm using gmail. Guess I'm gonna have to add everyone to iCloud.... FML. Thanks for everyone's responses.

That's my problem. I'm using gmail. Guess I'm gonna have to add everyone to iCloud.... FML. Thanks for everyone's responses.

Having been in your shoes on this one, add the contacts to iCloud using a computer so you can read the info off the phone while you type them. Little easier than trying to do it on the phone.

Having been in your shoes on this one, add the contacts to iCloud using a computer so you can read the info off the phone while you type them. Little easier than trying to do it on the phone.

Thanks for the tip. It's gonna be a process...