What's new

More Rumours Surface of 4-Inch iPhone Screen

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
3679-4-inch-iphone-screen.JPG

MacRumors is reporting that according to Japanese website Macotakara, a source in Asia has said that Apple has recently instructed two of its manufacturing partners, Hitachi Displays and Sony Mobile Display, to start providing it with 4-inch LCDs for a new device. The source adds that the two companies, which it says will also be manufacturing LCDs for iPad 3, will be merging with Toshiba Mobile Display in spring of 2012 to form a new company called Japan Display. As MacRumors notes, although Macotakara does not state which iOS device the 4-inch screens are intended for, it’s likely that they would be for the next iPhone, and this fits in with a recent report from iLounge saying that the next iPhone, due in 2012, will have a 4-inch screen. Up until now, all iPhone screens have been 3.5-inches. As you can see by the screenshot above from Engadget, a phone with a 4-inch screen, such as the Galaxy S, looks considerably bigger than the iPhone 4 when the two are placed side-by-side. The question is, would you like the next iPhone to have a bigger screen, or are you happy with the current size?

Source: Apple Suppliers Starting to Ship 4" Screens for Next iPhone? - Mac Rumors

current size screen is fine by me

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Current is just fine. I can operate it just fine with one hand (reaching my right thumb to the upper left corner when i need to) but a bigger screen and it will be a definite two hander....

choice is a good thing. not all of us have small hands.

I would go for a larger screen. I don't mind the size now though

إيكرانك...المسطرة

iCrank said:
I would go for a larger screen. I don't mind the size now though

إيكرانك...المسطرة

+1... the iPhone size is great as it is. However, a slightly bigger screen will definitely broaden the market for prospective iPhone buyers.

Either ok with me I like small screens for texting and larger screens for movies. But am ok with either

thomasjtsi said:
+1... the iPhone size is great as it is. However, a slightly bigger screen will definitely broaden the market for prospective iPhone buyers.

Loading....plusone..etcetera..etcetera

إيكرانك...المسطرة