What's new

MMS problems on 02 (uk)

iloveiphone2011

Reaction score
Anybody else going through this? Or am i being a dumb ass and not knowing this is a well known problem?

I can send MMS through imessage ok, receiving them is a hit or miss(depending on good reception) If i have no imessage i cant get picture messages.

I first phoned o2 they sent me settings again, had me editing max pic size, one of the long numbers slightly and nothing worked. The lady said there was nothing more o2 could do i would have to take it up with apple, Which i have done today. The missus was going to get her IP4 replaced as her battery was draining every 10 hours, so i made an appointment at the same time. The genius tried a whole raft of settings then eventually gave up, she replaced the phone anyways, which i find very strange, as she said this was an o2 problem and that if i had a new phone they might be able to fix the mms problem. So i then called into o2 shop and the guy assured me that it was an apple problem, Something along the line of o2 informed apple they were changing the way they do pic messages or something and that apple was working on an update. So is this apples way of saying sorry for the problem, we'll throw a new phone at you in the hope you'll go away???? Still dunno who's telling the truth.

Thought or input....

You have cellular data network option in your phones networks menu? You can only get it if you jailbreak your phone

You can do it without jail breaking your phone using a T-Mobil SIm that's not activated. I bought one on Amazon for $5. However it still didn't correct the problem.
It's known that most people have the issue of the apn settings not showing up with a tmobile sim card and because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for him? I've had about 4 iPhone 4 phones on tmobile using a gevey I never had an issue

I understand and iMessage uses wifi that's how it's able to send the pics to another idevice. You have to change your apn settings and like I said putting a different sim in the iPhone 4s is known not to pop up the settings. So who failed other than your phone?

Wow! You are so sure of yourself and yet SO WRONG. I can get the apn and ALL cellular data settings by inserting the CORRECT t-Mobil sim. I've done it 4 times without fail. Just. Because YOU can't do it, don't assume MANY others can't. I didn't discover or invent the procedure, but it works.
I mean really? I dont have to assume Ive tried on my 4s and my wifes unlockable iphone 4 with the 5.0.1 ios and it never popped up with "correct" Tmobile sim cards (they were activated tmobile sim cards). Also read for yourself on unlockit.co.nz and check other iphone forums... proof is there... heres the unlockit info scroll down and read Im guessing some people are getting lucky with the apn on the 4s (they can have different basebands although running on the same IOS so something might be different)

Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone

I'm not talking about iMessage. I'm talking about changing the APN settings WITHOUT JAIL BREAKING'!!!

I followed an online guide and it certainly does work for inserting the settings. Believe what you want. I guess me and the author of the guide are the only 2 people it works for.
and how did this thread become about you? Your not the OP.. You totally jacked his thread!!! Read what he said, through Imessage everything is fine but when a regular sms it isnt... lets focus on the OP and not me.. thanks bye have a nice day

To the OP I suggest trying to go to unlockit.co.nz with your phone and download the correct profile for your phone when your on wifi or have internet connection on your phone. It might fix your problem.

Last edited: