What's new

Mixed feelings about IPhone

You do realize you cannot blame the phone for slow Internet.

Sprint has THE slowest data connection on he iPhone...and all other carriers are faster to some degree then Sprint.

Just thought is let ya know that the speed of data is all on the network....and has pretty much noting to do with the phone.

Q quick google search will show that an iPhone on Sprint is much slower then any other iPhone on a different carrier.
And it's not just the iPhone. I ran several speed tests when I bought my iPhone 4S a month ago and found that the iPhone 4S on Verizon was faster than my two WiMax devices (Evo 4G, Evo View 4G) on Sprint.

My Internet connection was screaming fast on my Evo, so I'll have to get used to the slower iPhone speed through Sprint. All the other problems I was having were the phone because this new one is fine. It's growing on me. :)

My wife and I just switched from android to iPhone 4s.
Wife loves to customize her phones. I am more about wanting mine to just work without conflict.
Sure you can have a little more customizing of android over iPhone, but is it really that much more? I think not. It's just different ways of customizing on the two devices.
Now I like the fact that android is a little more free and works more like my laptop or desktop pc, in the fact that I can create folders, search and delete files without the need of a pc. But unless android makes a big big change in reliability, I do not see my wife nor myself ever going back to android. She and I bought are willing to give up small features , for the ones that count. IT JUST WORKS! and it does it flawlessly, even the apps.

P.S.
We also like the fact that we can purchase our iTunes cards at our local store, use them to purchase anything from the iTunes / app store, without ever giving out our credit card info.
That's the only reason I would never purchase apps from android. To open source and you never knew who you were giving your credit card information to.
Heck! That in itself is enough for me to make the switch!

Good luck and enjoy the best smart phone on the market!

I, for the last 3 years was using a Trac-Fone. It did just the basics for me, make and recieve calls, to text took what felt like a week to do. I got the Iphone 4s in March as a birthday present to myself, and it was like getting a Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra after having a Honda Civic, amazing, so from my point of view, it is a major step forward, no complaints from me.

Hola everyone,

I am totally new to apple/Iphone products. I have had only HTC Android for years but got an Iphone 4S over the weekend. I would love to hear what people LOVE about their Iphone. I really miss Android and almost dislike the Iphone so I'm thinking I must be missing something or many things. I'm going to cruise the forums and look at what everyone has to say and give this phone a fair chance.

Did anyone else have a hard time transitioning from Android phones to Iphone?

Thank you!

DMC

Well in my experience I had just the opposite experience. I recently upgraded a different line on my plan to "try out" the Samsung Galaxy SIII. I was using an iPhone 4s before that.

I only had the Samsung Galaxy S III for a whopping two days. I have tried several times before even purchasing my iPhone 4s to go to the Android System and just can't seem to make the leap. All the phones have went back to the store other than my Apple products. :)

It's not that I don't think that the Android system is inferior to the iOS in any way. I just cannot seem to get the hang of it.

I like Siri on my iPhone 4s a lot. The S Voice on the Galaxy SIII was not nearly as functional. I also like how small the iPhone 4s is and how well it fits in my hand since I like to hold my phone and scroll with one hand. I just found the Samsung Galaxy S III not as easy to throw in my pocket and go.

To me, the Samsung Galaxy because of its bigger screen just seemed more fragile and I am not graceful at all with my phones. My iPhone has been dropped numerous times and keeps on going. I was not entirely confident that the Galaxy S III could've survived my not so graceful self.

I just really enjoy my iPhone 4s. It is more intuitive for me to use and I feel relieved to have it back in my hands.

On some Android phones, you can remove the battery and replace and also add an expandable memory card. You will not be able to do this with your iPhone. To some that is a major issue. I don't really use my iPhone for that purpose; so that is not an issue for me.

Good luck with whatever you decide. If you have any further questions and want to contact me, please feel free to do so and I will try to help you any way I can.

Enjoy whatever phone you decide on. :)